The Phoenix exoskeleton is the world's lightest and most advanced exoskeleton designed to help people with mobility disorders to be upright and mobile. In the clinic, at home, and in the workplace Phoenix has successfully enabled many individuals to stand up, walk about, and speak to peers eye-to-eye.
- A modular exoskeleton allowing the user to independently put on and remove each piece.
- Weighs only 12.25kg (27 lbs), affording greater agility.
- A speed of 1.1 miles/hour (0.5 m/sec) has been clocked by a Phoenix user. However, the maximum speed depends on the individual user.
- On a single charge, Phoenix can walk for 4 hours continuously or 8 hours intermittently.
- Phoenix is adjustable for different size users and can be easily configured to fit individual conditions.
- An intuitive interface makes it easy for users to control standing up, sitting down and walking.
- Phoenix can comfortably be worn while seated in a wheelchair.
- Apply to be a Phoenix Test Pilot here
Present with Spinal Cord Injury level T4 or lower with ISNCSCI A, B, C or D
Hands and shoulders must be able to support crutches or a walker
Healthy bone density
Skeleton does not suffer from any fractures
Able to stand using a device such as a standing frame
In general good health
Height is between 160 cm and 187 cm (5’3” to 6’2”)
Weight does not exceed 91 kg (200lbs)
Between 18 and 55 years old, or upon physician’s approval
Skin must be intact and unbruised where it interfaces with the device.
Must receive written approval from your physician
The candidate must NOT possess any of the following:
Spinal cord injury level higher than T4
Severe concurrent medical diseases, illness, systemic or peripheral infection
Severe spasticity (Ashworth ≥3)
Unstable spine or bone fractures
Significant flexion contractures limited to 35º at the hip and 20º at the knee
Severe lower extremity heterotopic ossification limiting range of motion in the hip or knee joints
Trunk or lower extremity pressure ulcers or unhealed wounds.
Pregnant or lactating females
Phoenix is marketed in Europe by Meccanica per I'Elettronica e Servomeccanismi s.p.a. (MES). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding purchasing Phoenix in Europe.